More About The Hall
Ideal for community, family, business, sport and leisure events and meetings, this thoughtfully designed modern new hall has a clean, fresh and airy feel, with high ceilings and lots of great light. Hire of the hall comes with or without use of the tables and chairs, which can stay neatly hidden in the store cupboard if not required. Three large picture windows look out onto the patio, garden and village fields beyond. Skylight windows in the ceiling also open up to allow fresh air to circulate.
The Spaces, Capacity, Facilities & Equipment
Whittington Community Hall is made up of the following spaces:
- The Main Hall (the large main room), 135sqm, measuring 15088mm x 9000mm
- The Meeting Room (the smaller room), 22sqm, measuring 6450mm x 3410mm
- The Main Kitchen (with hatch to the main room), 22sqm, measuring 5160mm x 4275mm
- The Kitchenette (next to the meeting room), 5.5sqm, measuring 2450mm x 2350
- The Furniture Storage Cupboard (housing tables tables and chairs), accessible off the large room by prior arrangement
- Toilets - male, female, separate disabled access toilet. The latter also includes baby changing facilities.
- Entrance hallways
- The Garden - has a patio and two grassed areas. One lawn to the front and one at the rear overlooking farm land fields.
- The Car Park (spaces for up to 32 vehicles). Please click on plan below to see optimum use of parking spaces. The car park contains a bike shed with bike racks.
Use of each part of the hall will be agreed as part of the contract of the booking with the Hirer. The storage areas will not be included in bookings and should not be used by hirers for storage of their own equipment.
The Main Hall – 100 people (without social distancing)
or 26 people when taking into account 2 metre social distancing.
The small Meeting Room – 10-12 people board room style (without social distancing)
or 4 people when taking into account 2 metre social distancing.
The Hall rooms or areas can be hired separately or in combination. When booking check the availability of all the areas that you would like to have access to. Some spaces may be hired to another person or group, either at the time of you booking or later before or on the date of your booking. Only hire of the entire Hall guarantees exclusive use of all the spaces. Please note that rooms not hired will be locked and may be alarmed.
The entrance hallways, toilets and carpark may be used by multiple users, if more than one booking is taking place at the same time.
- Monday-Friday: 8am - 11pm
- Saturday: 8am - 11pm
- Sunday: 8am - 11pm
Furniture & Tableware
The Hall currently has -
14 oblong plastic topped tables (seating 6-8 each)
10 small vintage felt topped card tables (seating 2-4)
96 grey plastic stackable chairs
The Main Kitchen has an sink, electric cooker, fridge and dishwasher, 2 work surfaces and a central stainless steel table.
A hatch to the main hall (locked when not in use)
72 cups and saucers
114 side plates, 120 bowls, 122 dinner plates, 1 milk jug, 2 sugar basins.
Two kettles and 1 large metal teapot
Approximately 100 large knives and forks, dessert forks.
12 cups and saucers, 12 mugs, side plates and large plates
1 Kettle, teapot, sugar bowl, 6 teaspoons
12 knives, forks and desert spoons
The Hall does not have a premises licence for the sale of alcohol. If you are going to sell alcohol and/or provide entertainment and/ or late night refreshment on a temporary basis you need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice from Wychavon District Council.
If your event includes music you may be required to submit a Performing Rights Society return and pay a Performing Rights Society Music Licence fee.
There is an electric car charging point - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and for how to pay.